25 – 03 – 2021
High Protein Food
Create your own recipe
Connect with us
What is high protein food?
When you start your fitness journey, you might have seen the term ‘High protein’ every now and then. It is food that is high in protein. Protein is a macronutrient which is essential to build muscle mass. This blog will tell you all the details you need about this food.
Feel free to tag us in any creations you make via our instagram @cofitnessofficial.
Sign-up for more recipes & workouts
Why Do You Need High Protein Food?
High protein food is essential to build muscle mass, but also to maintain muscle mass. When you are starting your fitness journey it is quite normal that you are not eating enough high protein food. In order to do so it is important to make sure you eat 2 times your bodyweight.
For example: If you weigh 60 kilograms, you have to mulitipy it by 2 = 120. This means that you will have to eat 120 grams of protein per day. This can easily be tracked via an app like MyFitnessPal.
- Milk:Although milk is most likely to be considered a drink, it definitely needs a spot on the list. It has a high percentage of protein in it. One glass (250ml) has around 7 grams of protein in it. If you have a glass of milk with every meal, this means that you will already have 21 grams of your total, just by drinking milk.
- Eggs: Eggs contain a lot of protein. When you eat 2 eggs with your lunch, you have already increased your protein intake by 14 grams. You do not need to eat eggs every day, however every now and then it is easy to do so.
Salmon is not only high in fat, but it can definitiely be considered a high protein food. It is a good source of omega-3, which is good for brain development. It is recommended to eat it at least every week.
- 500 grams chicken breast
- 80 grams unsweetened cornflakes
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 8 tortillas
- 125 grams sour cream
- 1 avocado
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 225 degrees Celcius and put baking paper on a baking sheet.
- Grind the cornflakes into small pieces and add the spices.
- Cut the chicken into pieces of 3×3 cm and put them in a bowl.
- Add the olive oil.
- Add the cornflakes mixture.
- Put on the baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Put the sour cream, avocado, lettuce and tomatoes on a tortilla and add the chicken.
Start working out today & improve your health.
FREE & NO REGISTRATION NEEDED